Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday 5: Getting to know you

1. Early bird or night owl?
2. Shower or bath?
3. An hour early, right on time, a minute late or ???
4. Summer, winter, fall or spring?
5. On your day off: do you have every minute planned and get everything done, do you have a long list but end up not doing most of it, do you just wake up and see where the day leads you? Do you plan things with family and friends, or do you enjoy getting away and doing something alone? Will you go to a movie or a play or a concert or a party? Will you ride your bike, work in the garden, go for a run, read a book, do volunteer work, take a class, work on a project (what?), cook a fancy meal?

4 comments:

Sue said...

1. Early bird.
2. Shower in the morning always and before bed in the summer. Bath in the evening when I'm cold.
3. A minute late.
4. If I had to pick one, it would be spring.
5. I usually have a vague notion of what I'd like to do but don't write it down. I let the day happen and try not to stress about what didn't get done. My perfect day off would be: get up early, work in the garden with just a mug of tea and the birds for company, spend the afternoon reading and napping, cook a simple tasty meal for supper, spend the evening talking and playing games and walking with the boys and Dan. I like going to Orchestra Hall occasionally and doing all the other things you listed but my first pick would be to stay home.

Lorraine said...

1. Early bird
2. Shower
3. Right on time -- if I'm lucky and nothing happens to make me late.
4. Summer, I think. At least until it's over 100 degrees.
5. I often have a long, very long list and get satisfaction out of crossing things off. But I usually don't get too stressed if stuff doesn't get done. Morning, I like to start with prayer and journaling, then keep busy running errands doing chores, or just plain running. If it's nice and we're home, we like to cook out at lunch time. Afternoon, read and nap. Evening, I like to go out occasionally but mostly enjoy staying in for more reading or a movie.

Sue said...

Abe's answers:
1. Night owl
2. Shower
3. More than a minute late - except for guitar lessons
4. Spring, before the ticks are out
5. (after a snide comment from me that every day is a day off for him)D Do whatever the heck I want!

Sola Gratia said...

1. I guess I'm a bit of a night owl, but I don't really have a problem getting up for schoool.

2. Shower.

3. I'm usually about a minute late.

4. Spring and Fall.

5. I read, spend time with friends and family, and on the computer.