Friday, September 5, 2008

HILLS!

This morning, the weather was perfect for a long run, and Sue and Abe had advised me on routes I could take where I wouldn't get lost or face too much traffic, and I took off down 80th and ran to 240th. I must confess all the numbered streets are a bit confusing. But, as I say, it was a great morning, not too hot, and as I ran east, clouds came and covered the sun, so it wasn't in my face, and waited until I turned around to move away -- very kind.

The thing that was difficult, though, was the hills! Running in Chicago is very flat, and I am not accustomed to any kind of ascent or descent. I was great until about the halfway point, then began to fear that I'd overreached my capacity. I was pretty much trudging by the time I got back to the house, but after a good stretch and a nice, long shower, I felt great and have happily spent the day shopping and eating! Maybe I'll go again tomorrow . . .

No comments: