Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday 5: Colorful Associations

Just now, I'm reading "Blindness" by Jose Saramago. In it, an entire city is afflicted by a mysterious disease in which everyone suddenly goes blind. What a gift vision is, and how grateful I am each day that the world's beauty is available to me through sight, especially colors -- as well as hearing, smell, taste and sensation!

Lecture over.

Free associations:
1. Name the first 3 things that come to mind when you think RED.
2. Ditto with YELLOW,
3. BLUE,
4. PURPLE,
5. GREEN.

4 comments:

Sue said...

1. Red light, red ink, red tulip.
2. Yellow dog, yellow sun, yellow yolk.
3. Blue sky, blue train, blue eyes.
4. Purple grapes, purple crocus, purple asters.
5. Green eyes, green grass, green leaves.

Sola Gratia said...

1. Red: a red car, a bull, and an old Chicago Bulls jacket I used to have.

2. Yellow: A banana, a yellow Fiat 500, and mango sorbet.

3. Blue: the ocean, a humpback whale, Mazda.

4. Purple: a grape, Violet from the Boxcar Children (o_O), and Barney (o_O)

5. Green: Grass, envy, and John Deere

Lorraine said...

1. Red: fire engine, my darling car named Baby, the color I wanted my room to be painted when I was a kid.
2. Yellow: the sun, my living room walls, daffodils
3. Blue:
4. Purple: royalty, a favorite shirt,
bruises
5. Green: grass, envy, a VW bug I saw this morning -- the license was grn frg.

Lorraine said...

Oops! forgot Blue: sky, water, a gorgeous postcard I have in front of me -- the Smoky Mountains, such beautiful blues!