Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Sensation-al Run

See: the blue, blue sky; the sun peeking above the horizon; the smile of my new friend, Blanca, running/walking in the opposite direction from me;
Hear: birds, hidden in the evergreens; the rustle of dry leaves in the grass as I run through them; dogs barking, owners whistling; air and road traffic;
Feel: the crisp, still cold; the sun's brightness; the pavement under my feet; the sweat beginning, under all those layers;
Smell: the "stinkberries" from the ginkgo trees
Taste: Didn't taste too much, and what I did was too gross to write, but just imagine that my feet weren't the only thing that were running . . .; and after the run, of course, the delicious cold of a glass of water.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh, and I just remembered the strangest sight of all: a pineapple set at the base of 3 trees in a row!

Sue said...

I wonder what was with the pineapple.

Your description makes running sound so appealing.

Lorraine said...

I am telling you it IS fun, I love being outdoors and seeing people at the park. I'm enjoying the cold weather running, quite a bit so far, though this morning was slushy and slippery, so I walked to Curves.