Wednesday, May 28, 2008

50 Virtuous Meals: early summer steak dinner: base recipes

Here are the recipes I used as inspiration
shrimp gazpacho
grilled cheese casserole
green bean and bell pepper salad
strawberry shortcake
lemonade

Variations:
I almost ditched the gazpacho because I was running out of time but I'm glad I served it. I used 1 whole cuke and 4 cups chilled V-8 (the low sodium kind). Skipped the garlic and the tomatoes and the onion. Mixed in salt, pepper and vinegar and chilled in fridge in 2 quart casserole until ready to serve. Spooned into soup bowls, topped with shrimp, LF sour cream and cilantro.

I made the casserole, salad and lemonade just as written.

I modified the shortcake quite a bit. Used 3 lbs of strawberries. Doubles the recipe. Used regular muffin tin lined with liners. Uses 8T butter, 1/2 c sugar, 1/4 c oat flour and 1 cup cornmeal (per batch). Skipped the almonds. Mixed each batch seperately but baked them at the same time.

No comments: