Saturday, May 3, 2008

Homemade pizza, part 3

I'll credit the brief kneading with the way the dough turned out - elastic and dense. Last time, I wrestled for half an hour to get the dough stretched onto the pans. This time, it went quickly with enough coverage for turned up edging along all sides of the pan.

After I stretched the dough, I made the sauce. It's a combination/variation of two recipes from allrecipes.com
Pizza Sauce - for two pizzas (but looks like there will be some left over)
2 6oz cans tomato paste
2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1 T sugar
3 T parmesan
1 t Italian seasoning

Mix altogether and let sit for 1/2 hour.

Which is what it's doing now.

Meanwhile, the oven is heating 450/425 convect.

I'm also conducting a taste test. I split the 2 cans of paste and sauce and all the other ingredients. One bowl contains Contadina and the other Hunts. The latter tastes and looks way better.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

OK, how did it turn out? Is elastic and dense a good thing or not? I've been following your saga eagerly and hope your pizza was great!