Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday 5: Shoes

Do you remember the fall of Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines in 1986 and how his wife Imelda's enormous collection of shoes become a symbol of all that was wrong and corrupt and wasteful? It's said she had 2,700 pairs of shoes.

I'm no Imelda, but I have a lot of shoes and I wish I had more. I have only one purse but many pairs of shoes. If my shoes don't feel right (and I don't mean 'comfortable', I mean 'right') I don't feel right.

Not that I have fabulous shoes or anything or like I'm known as some sort of shoe goddess. But when I'm wearing the right shoes, I feel sense of quiet sense of well being, deep inside :)

Tell me about you and shoes.

1. Describe the shoes you are wearing right now.
2. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
3. What size shoe do you wear?
4. If you were given a Zappos gift card with enough value to buy three more pairs of shoes, what would you buy? Feel free to include links.
5. Write a couple sentences about shoes.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

1. It's summer -- I'm barefoot!
2. 6, counting 2 pair of sandals I rarely wear.
3. 7 1/2 extra wide, if I can find them.
4. Running shoes, walking shoes, another pair of sandals. And by buying sales, I would have enough money for a 4th pair: these Aertrex (?) shoes I really like.
5. Looking great is all well and good, but for me, comfort trumps style every time. Especially for shoes. Really I prefer summer, when I go barefoot when I'm at home.

Sola Gratia said...

1. I'm wearing the slippers I got from you for Christmas--like I always do while in the house. I can't stand to walk in stocking feet anymore.

2. I have six, counting my boots.

3. I wear anything from a ten to a twelve--guess I must not be very picky. My best-fitting pair is an 11.5, I think.

4. Hmmm...I think I would get some nicer formal shoes, a new pair of skate shoes for everyday wear, and some more rugged half-boots for outdoor wear.

5. Shoes are so unremarkable that I really can't think of a particular aspect of them that stands out. Thusly, I cannot write a few sentences about shoes. ;)