Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm at Mom and Dad's

I didn't really tell anyone I was coming, but after Mom sprained her knee, she sounded a little down-in-the-dumps, so I thought: why not?!

If "occasional drizzle" means you use your windshield wipers constantly for 4 hours, then the weather forecast was true today.

Because I left so early (before 7) I got through Chicago in a hurry, and the rest of the drive was fine.

I stopped for an hour at Warren Dunes, always a favorite place. In spite of rain, wind, cold, gloomy skies, no open bathrooms and my camera battery needing to be recharged, so I couldn't take pictures, it was great to be OUT! I walked for quite awhile along the shore -- that is frequently dangerous for me, as my feet seem to want to go IN, even when it's cold!

Mom's limp is fairly pronounced, but she is cheerful. I fixed Dad's fax machine so it doesn't pick up on the second ring even when it's a phone call, but now it's not receiving, so I'll have to go take another look.

Oh, here's Mom, I'm going to show her how to get to our blog and I'll write down the instructions.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Good luck fixing the fax machine!

Sue said...

uh oh. I tried calling yesterday, but the fax picked up...