Thursday, July 17, 2008

3 1/2 miles!

On Holly's recommendation, I am going to try to do one longer run each week, so yesterday I ran 3 1/2 miles! One stop: I'm like The Princess and the Pea when it comes to anything in my shoes, and there was some microscopic grain of sand or something rattling around and bugging me, so I had to sit down and empty out the shoe. Boy, starting a second time is harder than the first. My muscles just seemed to resist getting moving again!

People have warned me about being careful of my joints, and of course, I am, but truthfully, I have LESS joint pain now than I did before I started Weight Watchers and running.

Today, when I weighed at Curves, I had gained .2 lbs (about 3.2 oz), BUT my fat percentage was down by a whole point, if I remember correctly from last week's weigh-in.

Tomorrow I have a 3-mile run planned, plus the usual marathon of too many errands and chores! A very busy weekend ahead, so I'll need all the stamina I can muster!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I like hearing about your running and how far you've come in such a short time.