Saturday, July 26, 2008

5 miles!

This week's cooler, low-humidity days have been great for running. It's really easy to tell the difference when it's less humid: my lungs and muscles just seem to work more smoothly and with less effort.

Last weekend, Holly suggested I not wait til next year to run in a race, but do one this year, and even had an idea for which one: the Park Ridge Run for Charity on Sept 27. She said the terrain is nice and flat for beginners. Since it's a Saturday, and there was nothing on the calendar yet, I believe I'll do it!

Adriana, one of our "coaches" at Curves, encouraged me not to limit myself to running only 3 times a week, unless I'm too exhausted afterward. Really, I'm not, so the only question is how hard it will be on my joints.

I have an appointment with my doctor Tuesday, I'll talk to her about that.

Yesterday was my first 5 mile run ever! I started out at a nice slow pace that I hoped would carry me through the whole run, and it did pretty well. It took about 60 minutes on a warm, breezy, starting-to-be-humid day at the Lakefront. And I felt so good when I finished! Today, I did another 3 miles, and though there are a few little twinges, overall, I'm feeling great!

There must be something to this endorphin thing! I'm a happy girl lately!

No comments: